How to Get the Hair off Your Balls While Abroad
A must read manscaping guide!
I’ve been traveling for years now and as a wildebeest hair removal has always been an issue for me. Now that I’m living in Asia and single its even a bigger deal. Most Asian guys aren’t into hairy wildebeests. That means if you want to live in Asia you’ve got to keep your manscaping up!
Things I’ve tried before
Before I used to go to a salon to take care of my manscaping needs. It’s relevantly inexpensive in Asia. You can get a whole body wax in the Philippines for $20usd. It lasts relatively long and it makes your skin feel smooth through exfoliation.
However, there are some serious drawbacks to waxing. Enough to not make me a fan of it!
Why I’m not a fan of waxing
- It’s painful! Especially when they start waxing those thick chest hairs and other sensitive areas!
- It takes a long time! My waxing sessions took an one hour to one and a half hours to complete depending upon how much I wanted to get waxed. The poor girl would be sweating afterwards. As a result I’d always tip her; which leads me to my next point
- It’s expensive! Even though you can get a full body wax for $20usd in Asia that can add up if you’re doing it every other week. You can try those do-it-yourself kits but its unlikely you’ll do a good job plus you risk burning yourself really badly.
- It left horrible ingrown hairs and bumps on my skin as it healed from the traumatic experience. One night with a random he asked ‘oh I see you wax’. He could tell from the blotches the ingrown hairs left on my skin. Even though he was nice about it talk about embarrassing!
A lot of guys use shaving as their main manscaping device and with good reason. They’re used to it & it’s quick. I, however, am not a fan of shaving anything other than my face.
Why I’m not a fan of body shaving
- You can get some nasty cuts as a result of shaving
- Razor bumps are not a pretty site
- Shaving cuts the hair at an angle causing it to grow back feeling more course and harsh
- I’m just not too keen on putting sharp blades on my balls
- If you have back hair it’s really hard to get to the hair back there
- The effects don’t last long. You can start to see regrowth in as little as one day!
In case anyone doesn’t know what an epilator is its a mechanical device that literally rips out each hair with its mechanical teeth. I tried one of these beauties when I was in Chile. Let me tell you these things would make excellent interrogation devices!
Why I’m not a fan of mechanical epilators
- They hurt like a motherf****r! I’m not kidding these things could be used as torture devices in the war on terror! They could probably bring the most hardened terrorist to his knees begging for mercy!
- You have to go over the area several times to get all the hair out increasing the pain exponentially!
- They cause terrible ingrown hairs and it takes awhile to get all of the hair off!
- Its hard to get to the back hair
The best manscaping method…for me
Out of all the things I’ve tried I’ve found the best most effective manscaping method is hair removal creams.
These creams work by denaturing the proteins in the hair causing the hair shafts to lose structural integrity thereby rendering them incapable of withstanding the mechanical insult of a cloth being wiped over them.
In other words they safely melt the hair away.
(I knew those two years studying biology would come in handy some day!)
That being said all creams are not created equal!
Veet regular strength left my skin feeling damaged and cracked. Sensitive light formula didn’t get a lot of the hair off and I had to leave it on way past the recommended time to get any results at all.
Regular Nair worked better but still not as good! It still missed some spots on my thick chest hair.
Nair for Men Hair Removal Spray
The best hair removal cream I’ve ever had was Nair Men Hair Removal Spray. The reason I like the spray is because its easy to apply without getting your hands stinky.
Important tip: Get it before you leave the United States! I couldn’t find it in any store in the Philippines and it costs 4,600php for a package of two on Lazada!
Why I’m a huge fan of Nair for men
- I love it because it simply does what its supposed to do. It removes my body hair (including my thick chest hair) with one application.
- It’s quick! I sprayed it on on within 3 minutes the hair began to come off and that’s before I even started rubbing it off
- It’s easy! With Nair for Men its simply so easy. You spray it on and the hair comes off. It’s easy to spray on your back to get those difficult to reach hairs as well.
- The spray makes it so I can completely apply it without getting my hands gunked up with stinky cream
- Its easy to stow away
- Its cheaper than getting waxed every two weeks
Things I don’t like
This wouldn’t be a fair assessment if I didn’t tell you the things I don’t like about nair for men
- It’s not cheap. In the US a 6oz bottle will run you about 8 bucks on Amazon in the Philippines the only place I could find it was Lazada and they wanted 4600php for two bottles.
- You have to be careful. You must follow the instructions and get that stuff off you as soon as you feel it tingling. Otherwise you could get chemically burned
Comparing the cost of Nair to Waxing in the Philippines
A typical salon in the Philippines will charge 800php-1,000php for a whole body wax. If you follow their guidelines and get it waxed every two weeks that’s 1,600php-2,000php per month! That equals that’s 9600php-12,000php every six months!
Compare that to two bottles of Nair which can cost 4600 php from Lazada (which is the only place I could find it). If you use it every two weeks two bottles could last 6-12 months.
Waxing=9,6000-12,000 philippine pesos every 6 months
Nair for Men=46000 philippine pesos every 6 to 12 months
Manscaping with cream tips
There are some basic tips that all cream manscapers need to do to avoid injury or infection.
- If you use a depilatory hair removal cream make sure the area you are about to manscape is clean and dry before applying the cream
- Make sure you test whatever cream you decide on a small area first! This is just to make sure the stuff jives well with your skin.
- If you somehow don’t get all the hairs that’s okay! It won’t kill you. Please wait a couple of days before using the cream again.
- Use Tendskin and an exfoliating brush to sanitize your skin and to prevent ingrown hairs.
- After that moisturize your skin after words with an aloe vera based moisturizer. My personal favorite is Nature Sense Organic Aloe Vera Gel. It just really helps facilitate epidemic regeneration. It also helps to heal sun burns, acne, and even razor bumps! The best part is it’s not expensive.
Overall Nair Hair Removal Spray is the right choice for me. It removed my body hair quickly and easily thus making me more presentable to Asian men and more importantly increasing my self confidence. If you like being smooth as much as I do then Nair Hair Removal Spray for men is your best bet!