Here’s Why Gay Christians Should Join Christian Mingle
Christian Mingle is now the place for gay Christian dating! Let’s face it, dating is tough for gay Christians. We want to date someone that shares our values and that can be tough in a community that typically sneers at Christians. That’s why if we want to find gay Christians then we need to go where gay Christians are.
Related: Godly Gay Christian Dating
The obvious choice is the church but sadly a lot of gay churches are small and frankly have very limited options. So there has to be a better way. There’s Grindr but we all know that place is a meat market and frankly can drain your soul. I do know people who met their soulmate on grindr and I have an article on how to improve your chances on grindr. However, you’ll have to dig through a lot of dirt before you get to any gold on grindr.
The next choice is dating sites. If you are only interested in free dating sites then OkCupid is the apogee free gay dating sites with Plenty of Fish being a close second. However, if you want to have a site do a lot of work for you by creating a community just for Christians then Christian Mingle is the site to go. Christian Mingle creates an environment for Christians by Christians–including gay Christians.
Christian Mingle has over 16 million users to date. Even if 5% of them are gay that’s 800,000 opportunities for you. What I like about paid sites is that people who are actually willing to put their money where their mouths are tend to be more serious than someone that set up a profile by connecting their facebook account for free. Another site I like is Compatible Partners. That’s where I met my husband. However, Compatible Partner’s isn’t cheap and the questionnaire takes a long time. Christian Mingle used to let you set up your profile and review your matches for free. Check to see if they still do that.
Christian Mingle Pros:
- Christian Mingle has a very large member base with hundreds of thousands of Christian singles.
- Statement of Faith listed on the website is Biblically based and accurate.
- The website is clean and does not use sex to sell their service.
- Part of a large Christian network of sites that are all Christian based and work to spread the Christian faith.
- Sign up is completely free as well as browsing through a list of singles.
- Offers Christian Singles in your own area.
- Gives its members an entire page outlining how to keep you safe while using their site.
Create a free profile in 2 seconds. Your true love awaits you
Christian Mingle Cons:
- Christian Mingle doesn’t perform background checks on its members which means you don’t get as much security as you do with Compatible Partners.
- As with any online dating website, the member profiles on Christian Mingle may not be accurate for both descriptions and photos.
- While Christian Mingle is designed for Christian singles, there is no guarantee that all the members are indeed Christian. They do have a questionnaire to help determine how on fire for Jesus they really are though.
- While sign up and browsing is free, this is a paid service that is offered and if you find somebody or some members of interest you will have to pay a small fee in order to begin talking to and getting to know them
Christian Mingle is an affordable way for gay Christian singles to meet other like minded Christians. It’s not perfect but for those who like POF style websites, they will find it to be a great place to get started on their dating journey.